Corning is introducing a new 0.1 µm square filter system with a Polyethersulfone (PES) membrane for mycoplasma removal. These new 1000 mL Systems are designed for filtering and storing cell culture media, biological fluids and other aqueous solutions. The new system consists of a 1000 mL polystyrene receiver bottle and filter funnel with a 54.5cm² membrane and a polyethylene neck adaptor with hose connector.
Polyethersulfone (PES) membranes provide the fastest flow rates, the lowest protein binding and low extractables and are best for filtering cell culture media. 1000 mL receiver bottles feature easy grip sides for improved handling. Additional storage bottles can be purchased to increase capacity. Bottle caps are supplied sterile and individually packaged. Angled hose connector simplifies vacuum line attachment. Individually packaged, sterile and certified nonpyrogenic. Each system has the membrane material and pore size printed on the unit for easy product identification. Expiration date appears on the filter funnel and shipping boxes. Expiration date of the membrane is three years from the time the product is manufactured.
- Four sizes: 150 mL, 250 mL, 500 mL, and 1L with 45 mm neck size.
- Low liquid retention funnel design.
- Filters feature printing on the funnel for easy product identification.
- Angled hose connector simplifies vacuum line attachment.
- Receiver bottles feature easy grip sides for improved handling.
- Extra plastic storage bottles are available.
- Prefilters must be ordered separately.
- Individually packaged.
- Caps for receiver bottles are sterile and individually packaged.