Corning Microcarriers simplify the scale-up process. The beads arrive sterile, ready-to-use, with available closed systems packaging for use with bioreactors. In addition, the microcarriers are available with surface treatments to enhance cell attachment and maximize cell yield and viability.
Closed System Packaging:
Corning microcarriers with low concentration Synthemax II, are available in 100 g and 500 g bottles that can be fitted with Corning aseptic transfer caps to prevent adventitious contamination during bioreactor loading. The transfer caps are available with either a male Luer lock quick connector or an MPC quick connect. Microcarriers and aseptic transfer caps are sold separately.
Corning microcarriers are designed to simplify your scale-up processes. The microcarriers are sterile, ready-to-use, and available in closed systems packaging to be used directly with bioreactors. Additionally, the microcarriers are surface-treated to enhance cell attachment, maximizing cell yield and viability.
- Consistency – USP Class VI polystyrene material provides a consistent platform
- Performance – Corning microcarriers are offered with four surface treatments:
- Corning Synthemax® II substrate creates a synthetic surface on the microcarriers for stem cell expansion. Use low concentration for MSC applications and high concentration for iPS/ES applications.
- Corning CellBIND® surface treatment infuses the surface of the microcarriers with oxygen to improve cell attachment
- Positive charge surface treatment
- Collagen coating
- Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10__
- Available as closed system solutions
- Bead size: 125 µm to 212 µm
- Density: 1.026 ± 0.004 g/cm³
- cm²/gram: 360
Vials and Closed System Packaging
Corning microcarriers are available sterile and ready to use in 10 g vials. This format provides flexibility to select the amount of beads to use.
During the mature phase of process development and into manufacturing, closed system packaging would be necessary to maintain sterility and ease bioreactor loading. Corning microcarriers are also available in off-the-shelf and custom closed systems packaging. Tubing, connectors, and materials are customizable based on individual needs.