Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate (SDS) is an anionic detergent with applications in SDS-PAGE protein analysis and nucleic acid purification. It is a wetting agent that is effective in both acid and alkaline solutions, and is most often used as a protein and lipid solubilization reagent. SDS is also a powerful protein denaturant.
- Popular anionic detergent for a variety of protein methods
- Especially useful for denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE)
- Common component of cell lysis buffers
- Filtered through a 0.22 µm membrane
- DNase, RNase, and Protease tested
This lauryl-grade sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) is a popular anionic detergent for routine protein electrophoresis and cell lysis methods.
Storage Conditions: 25°C
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
DNase, RNase, and Protease Tested
Harmonization Code: 3822.00.5090
Max Shelf Life: 36 months